Thursday, August 1, 2013

Care packages make my day...

Day 2112: I love making care packages! It is quite possibly the only silver lining that I can find in deployment, other than maybe the tax free pay! Care packages are great because I feel like I am still taking care of my darling dear even though we are not around each other!

Months before his first deployment, I began researching and choosing themes and ideas that seemed the most interesting. From there I set out making a schedule of boxes (yes, I enjoy being crazy, over-organized). I planned a "happy birthday box" and a "I love you more than all the stars in the sky box," both of which were a hit!


My most recent design is the "fish in the sea" box! I packed it full of gummy fish, and octopuses as well as goldfish crackers and a go-fish game. Corny, I know, but I assumed he would probably throw away most of the toy like stuff anyways, since he can't bring it all home!


When I miss him madly, I add extra boxes to the list. I should supplement the gaps in packages with smaller ones, but sometimes I just can't help myself and I stumble upon so amazingly perfect things to compliment the themes! At least I feel helpful!!