Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Finally...

Day 2404: I have spent the last three days recovering from what I assumed was the flu. After throwing up, diarrhea, headaches, and body-aches, I decided, on a whim to take a pregnancy test. I am usually pretty regular, nothing too out of the ordinary, and being a few days late, I figured it was just being sick that got me down! Lo and behold, my beautiful pink lines! I am super paranoid so I peed on FIVE just to be sure. Having just started fertility tests, I was finally having hope that this day was coming, but I never imagined it would be so soon!

So after dunking the first test, I waited a few seconds, not expecting anything to show up, like the many months we have struggled through so far. What I was not expecting was those two beautiful lines! After the first one, I sat huddled on the floor, sobbing with disbelief. I couldn't believe this is finally happening! We had been waiting so long! Trying so hard! I had shed so many sad tears over this and now, I could not stop the tears of relief. The tears of pure joy.

Darling Dear was out on a flight and though I wanted so badly to tell him in person, he was on a debt in San Diego and not scheduled to return for 10 more days, and no, I do not have that much self control. Not at all. I did have enough self control to not hound him, so he was suspicious.

See, many months ago, when we first started trying I bought him a little gift. Having gone to school at Michigan State University, he is a Spartan through and through. So I purchased a little pack of Spartan binkies, wrapped them in leftover ribbon from our wedding and set them aside for when this day finally came. And thus they have collected dust, for over a year, waiting with me.

And now, all I can say is thank goodness for Skype! At least I can open them for him while he watches patiently, unknowing on his side. I can't wait to see his reaction. To see his face when I tell him he is going to be a father. And even more, to tell him he is going to be there for the birth! He will get to meet our child, hold them and everything before he deploys again and that is all I could ask for.

So I sit here and wait patiently for his call. Wait for him to land from his flight and ring me up, unknowing that his whole world is about to change! And let me tell you, waiting is NOT my strong suit! But I will do it. I can make it! I made it this far, whats a few more hours, right?