Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Sometimes late at night...

Day 2334: Sometimes, late at night, I find it difficult to sleep. My brain is wrought with thoughts and lists, and "My gosh! Did I remember to do this and that?!?!?" And sometimes I just want to sleep so badly, and it just isn't coming.

Blame it on daylight-savings, or Darling Dear's wacky schedule (Yes, I get up when he does. Who else would pack him a lunchy??), though I admittedly will return to the sweet comfort of my warm bed for a nap, but sometimes, I just can't rest. Maybe the overload of thoughts and ideas, questions and wonderings, just refuse to let me try.

But deep down, part of me thinks that it's the struggles. The triumphs are great, don't get me wrong, but the pondering of what might have been and what is yet to be has me stuck in a mood that I just can't seem to kick, dwelling on the thing that is just out of my grasp.

"It will happen in it's own time," they say, and sure enough as the sleep will be, with each dusky night, the struggles will end and the day will come. Sometimes, it just takes a little longer to get there. But that doesn't make it any easier.