Monday, May 20, 2013

I've been everything...

Day 2039: I've been everything. Or at least I feel that way. In the last two year's I've relocated four times. Two different states, four different cities, thousands of miles apart. It's not uncommon with a military life. And it seems as if it's also not uncommon to be a chameleon as a military spouse! 

I've been in sales, in marketing, in customer service. Done technology, phonebooks, internet. I've been a caretaker of the elderly and a substitute mother type caregiver for more than enough children. I've worked in graphic design, insurance, and food service. And, really! I promise I'm not even that old! 

As the years have started to pass on since my grand departure from my life at school, I have learned that the world can be a tricky place, but if you are adaptable, you can be anything. You just can't be afraid to try. And believe me, there is very little I am afraid to try!

Sometimes I think it's a little crazy that I have tried so many things. My poor resume looks like a mishmash of experiences from every place that we've been. But those who have been willing to take me on know that I love to learn and that makes all the difference. I am willing to adapt and be what they need. I am a chameleon! And I'm proud.